Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Goodbye 2012

It seems like if you think about how many things happen over the course of just 366 days your life is in a different place.

We started our new year off at one of my best friend Lauren's house in Tulsa. We had a great time. A lot of wine.... Okay I had a lot of wine.... With that must come a bar trick that my neighbor showed me once. I have never been afraid to do something silly to entertain people. First I got someone to push the cork in the bottle.... Then got a trash sack and by this point I knew I had all the tools to show off my trick. Here's the problem..... I wasn't even sure the point of the trick at this point.... Oops. Anyway I had already grabbed everyone's attention so I needed to do something. I turned to my husband for help and he looked just as lost as I was. Double oops! While I continued to entertain everyone by telling them how awesome "it" was going to be.... Chase sat behind people trying to call Brian to find out about this trick..... His exact words after the fact was, he was thinking, 'oh no buddy... You gotta answer the phone, we've got Jenny into trouble here!!' Here's the bad news. It was 130 or so on New Year's Eve. He didn't answer. But there's good news too. I figured out that I was supposed to get the cork out of the bottle with a plastic trash bag, I had someone else to pull the bag and to everyone's surprise, including my own, the cork came out of the bottle! I was beaming with excitement and you should have seen chases face when he heard that sound! After the fact he told me he couldn't believe it and said," oh my gosh she did it"Brian did call a few minutes later and we laughed really hard!

Here's the point. I have never felt more loved by my husband. He was willing to do whatever he could to help me pull this trick off. I probably could have taken offense to the fact that he thought I needed help and was going to look like a huge idiot. Here's the thing... I probably looked like an idiot regardless of if I pulled it off or not..... And he was still proud to be my husband. I WAS in trouble and it meant more to me that he was by my side trying to help me succeed than leaving the room letting me fall on my face! But I didn't! I pulled the trick off! I had fun and laughed hard enough for anyone else in the room! Sometimes you have to remember not to take yourself too seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment