When Carson was born I made the decision to go organic for him. In the past 2 1/2 years I have received lots of questions and judgement. I guess I receive judgement for lots of things that I do. So this is going to be the first of a series of why I make certain decisions that I do. Right wrong or indifferent these are my choices.
There are lots of reasons I decided to go organic with Carson. It is my belief that in the past 15-20 years the quality of food has gone down. The fertilizers, pesticides and hormones are not good for the development of a small body, in my opinion. My husband and I do not really eat right. That is our choice. My kids are not able to make that choice yet. Until then I will continue to do what I believe us best for them. If I want to eat McDonald's (which I don't) that is my choice but it is something I will do on my own. Not with them.
I saw this great article come up on baby center which helps to outline the benefits of organic. I hope this helps you understand why I choose to go mostly organic for my kids!
http://www.babycenter.com/0_why-choosing-organic-food-matters_3652375.bc?scid=fb_wallPost
I also decided to make my kids baby food. That will be a different post all together.
No comments:
Post a Comment